- About us
- Services for Australians
- About Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Travelling to Australia
- Visas and migration
- Relations with the EU
- Relations with Belgium
- Relations with Luxembourg
- Relations with NATO
- Education and Research
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Services for Australians Overseas
The Australian Embassy provides a range of consular services. These are contained in the Australian Government’s Consular Service Charter. Our area of responsibilities covers both Belgium and Luxembourg.
24-hour emergency assistance is available for Australian citizens in Belgium and Luxembourg outside normal business hours:
Dialling from Belgium: 0800 73857
Dialling from Luxembourg: 00 61 2 6261 1446
If you wish to contact the Consular section please send an e-mail.
The Embassy's main telephone number is (+32) 02 286 0500.
The Embassy is located at Avenue des Arts 56 1000 Brussels.
Getting Help Overseas
Travel Information for Australians
- Health care while travelling in Belgium
- Get the latest travel advisories and other travel hints
- Information for Australians travelling
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has launched an iPhone App and Facebook page as the latest additions to the Australian Government's Smartraveller consular campaign. The new initiatives aim to make smarter travel easier for increasingly tech-savvy and mobile Australian travellers. Read more
- Europe: Entry requirements: Schengen Convention
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on 7 October urged Australians to carefully consider their need to travel to locations where there is a high threat of kidnapping.The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has reissued its kidnapping threat bulletin on locations around the world where there is a serious risk of kidnappings. Read more
- Apply for a passport online
- If you wish to receive an Application for an Australian passport (PC8 form) and the local requirements, please send us an email.
Online Registration for Australians Overseas
We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
Child Maintenance International Enforcement
The Child Support Agency of Australia has developed factsheets to assist parents with international child support issues. The factsheets are available online and provide information for parents to manage child support arrangements when one parent resides outside Australia.
The Child Support Agency has arrangements with countries for the reciprocal enforcement of child maintenance orders. A list of the reciprocating jurisdictions is available online as well.
Living in Belgium/Luxembourg
- Australian Citizenship
- Authentications and apostilles
- Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Dual nationals
- International Driving Permits
- Driving licences - also includes renewing/replacing your licence when overseas
- Living and working overseas
- Marriage overseas
- Marriage in Belgium. Australian Embassies have no authority to perform marriages in foreign countries.
- Police clearance
- Southern Cross
- Taxation issues
- Working in Belgium
- Working in Luxembourg
Australian Organisations in Belgium
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services.
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.